Amenities + Services
Be Active & Engaged
Convenient amenities and supportive services help our residents thrive with their preferred retirement lifestyle. From sharing a meal with friends in the on-campus café to savoring the stunning mountain views on our large, screened porch, our residents live confidently and comfortably in Givens Gerber Park’s income-based apartments.
Enjoy new and enriching experiences with resident-led activities and interest groups. Whether you wish to cultivate your green thumb by growing vegetables in a raised garden bed, volunteer in the library, or serve a leadership role on the Resident Council, participating in these activities encourages an active and purposeful life. These resident-led groups energize our community and empower our residents.
Take advantage of the many services and amenities on campus, including a wellness clinic and programming, delightful dining, and enriching social opportunities. In addition to many onsite offerings, Givens Gerber Park is close to shopping, services, and grocery stores.
- Café with comfortable seating and outdoor dining
- Fitness center
- Beauty shop
- Large community room with fireplace and kitchen
- Small community room with kitchen
- Small classroom
- Computers in the library and lounge
- Raised garden beds
- Large screened porch with fireplace and mountain views
- Nearby access to public transportation
Givens Gerber Park has a robust list of services that are both convenient and affordable. Aside from our beautiful location, our community’s best asset is the commitment and care residents receive from our dedicated staff.
Resident Services Coordinators
As part of Givens LifeMinistries, our Resident Services Coordinators connect residents with the support and services they need to help maintain their independence, promote community engagement, and reduce the need for higher levels of care. Coordinators confidentially support residents on various matters including:
- Advocate on behalf of residents
- Conduct non-clinical assessments for wellness and social needs
- Empower residents to be as independent as possible
- Help residents identify, access, and coordinate services to meet their needs, such as transportation, home health, and advanced directives.
- Facilitate programming to help residents overcome social isolation
- Recruit and train volunteers
- Arrange speakers and programs to provide health and wellness education
- Support resident organized events or programs
- Coordinate food distributions and oversee the food pantry
- Financial advocacy such as helping residents understand bills, locating discounted services, assistance applying for programs such as Medicaid, Medicare plans, SNAP, and LIEAP.
- Health and wellness programs
- On-site community nurse
- Resident services coordinators
- Grounds and facility maintenance
- Partnership with Manna Food Bank
Navigating the complexities of healthcare can be a challenge. Our Resident Services Coordinators and Community Nurse provide a supportive environment that offers greater peace of mind for our residents and their families.
As a part of Givens LifeMinistries, our Community Nurse assists residents with wellness education, chronic care management, guidance in making informed care decisions, and general support in choosing the appropriate level of healthcare services. The Community Nurse helps residents stay healthy and independent by simplifying healthcare experiences.
- Guide to understanding and managing a current health condition
- Assistance in creating a personal wellness plan
- Facilitate communication with health providers
- Preparation for surgery or medical procedure
- Home visit after an outpatient procedure or hospital discharge
- Nutrition and dietary education
- Support with making end-of-life care decisions
- Help in accessing medical equipment loans
- Coordinate with Resident Services Coordinator to access outside community resources