National Social Work Month
Combining housing with supportive services is a common sense approach to create a thriving community where seniors feel more secure and enjoy an independent life knowing there is help in place if and when they need it. The Resident Services Coordinators are a key part of the Givens Affordable Communities team.
With focus on providing supportive services to empower Residents to be as independent as possible by helping Residents identify, access, and coordinate services to meet their needs.
Resident Service Coordinators:
– Advocate on behalf of the residents.
– Conduct non-clinical assessments for wellness and social need.
– Facilitate programming to help residents overcome social isolation.
– Offer educational programs that focus on prevention, address issues on aging, promote healthy living, and improve quality of life.
– Recruit and train volunteers.
– Provide assistance when qualifying for services, such as Medicaid, Medicare, SNAP, and LIEAP.
– Connect residents with educational and recreational programs in the community.
– Works with medical providers to ensure a smooth transition from different levels of care.
– Arrange speakers and programs to provide health and wellness education.
– Support resident organized events or programs.
– Coordinate the on-site Manna food pantry and distribution.